We all want that luscious, bouncy, frizz-free, movie star hair, right?!? The way we wash, dry and style our hair can seriously affect its appearance. Take care of that pretty hair of yours and steer clear of these five bad habits…
- Being too much of a clean freak. When you wash your hair daily, you strip away all of your good natural oil–when it’s constantly washed it sends a signal for your scalp to produce more oil. Try a dry shampoo instead. You’ll notice the difference–just be patient.
- Not brushing before you wash. Ohhhhhhhhhh so that’s why my wet hair is so dang tangled! Wet hair is weak hair so it’s certainly more prone to damage if it’s wet when you brush.
- Haphazard Conditioning. Using too much product is counter productive because it weighs down your hair and can lead to buildup…yet another reason why you can’t get that hair “Texas big”. Try using less and not using as much at the roots.
- Skipping Heat Protection. Okay, we all know it’s best to not blow-dry or use hot tools at all, but hello we want Blake Lively hair! If possible, try to let your mane air dry naturally as often as possible and then only blow dry when it’s 75% dry. Start with a good heat protectant like Moroccan Oil Heat Spray. Smells amazing and it’ll protect your hair from that wand or hairdryer.
- Using Hot Irons on Damp Hair. Doi. Hair should be completely dry before heat styling, period. Even when you’re in a rush.
Model Ava | Ling Wang Photography